"For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified."

"For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified."
1 Corinthians 2:2

"For
the preaching of the CROSS is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the POWER OF God." 1 Corinthians 1:18


Jesus said: "If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me." Luke 9:23


And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. Colossians 1:20


"But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." Galatians 6:14


Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; Colossians 2:14


"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." 2 Corinthians 12:10


"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

Jeremiah 29: 11-13 NIV


" Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” ~ Jesus (Matthew 11:28-30)


Tuesday, April 24, 2012

What is the Bible?

I read a wonderful quote by an author of a children’s Bible storybook, that I think sums up the Bible in a beautiful and simple way. “The Bible isn’t a book of rules, or a book of heroes.  The Bible is most of all a Story.  It’s a story about a young Hero [Jesus Christ] who comes from a far country (Heaven) to win back his lost treasure (us!).  It’s a love story about a brave Prince [Jesus Christ] who leaves his palace, his throne – everything – to rescue the one he loves [us!]. Every story in the Bible whispers Jesus’ name. He is like the missing piece in a puzzle – the piece that makes all the other pieces fit together, and suddenly you can see a beautiful picture.” 

No comments: