"For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified."

"For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified."
1 Corinthians 2:2

"For
the preaching of the CROSS is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the POWER OF God." 1 Corinthians 1:18


Jesus said: "If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me." Luke 9:23


And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. Colossians 1:20


"But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." Galatians 6:14


Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; Colossians 2:14


"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." 2 Corinthians 12:10


"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

Jeremiah 29: 11-13 NIV


" Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” ~ Jesus (Matthew 11:28-30)


Sunday, August 22, 2010

FAMILY REUNION 2010!




















This year we got to go to Fish Lake, Utah for the Edwards Family reunion. Our family has been going to this very spot for more than 40 years. We had a great time as always. The boys fished (especially Cade, waking up every morning at 5am!) while most of the girls hung out in the cabin talking and reminiscing. I must note, that eight month pregnant Nicole got up with Cade and fished for hours with him (crazy!). There were three expectant mothers there (Nicole, Ashley and myself). So, we had a fun baby shower and played games. One of the games was melted candy bars in diapers where everyone had to guess the type of candy bar in the diaper (pretty funny). Mom went to a lot of work decorating and having yummy cupcakes and an adorable cake that no one dared to cut into. The one thing I didn't get pictures of was Shayna and her little cousin Ryder giving each other kisses when we first arrived. When Ryder left, Shayna bawled. It was so cute! One of Shayna's favorite things to do was pick up rocks and throw them into the water. Uncle Cade showed her this trick while her Momma was busy with the baby shower (thanks Cade!). As you can see from some of the pictures, Shayna LOVES her uncle Cade. In fact, we were trying to get a picture of her and Nicole giving Cade a kiss on each cheek and Shayna wouldn't do it until she finally pushed Nicole out of the way and immediately gave Uncle Cade a kiss. We had a good laugh. All in all it was a WONDERFUL reunion and we made a bunch more memories while we were there that will never be forgotten. Thank you everyone, I love you all!!




































































































2 comments:

Happy Wanderers said...

Thanks for posting all of this--it was so great to see everyone! I so wish we could have been there! How I miss reunions!!!!!!!!

Jake and Alayna said...

How fun. Shayna is so adorable! I can't wait to see you guys Saturday:)