"For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified."

"For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified."
1 Corinthians 2:2

"For
the preaching of the CROSS is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the POWER OF God." 1 Corinthians 1:18


Jesus said: "If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me." Luke 9:23


And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. Colossians 1:20


"But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." Galatians 6:14


Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; Colossians 2:14


"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." 2 Corinthians 12:10


"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

Jeremiah 29: 11-13 NIV


" Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” ~ Jesus (Matthew 11:28-30)


Sunday, October 24, 2010

Longhorn State Park and Caverns

Brad, Shayna, Benny (Brad's Dad) and myself at the visitor's center when we first arrived.
Shayna doing a balancing act on the rocks outside the entrance to the cave. Stuff to do while we're waitin' on our Tour Guide.
Steps leading down to the cave.
Headed down the 52 stairs to the entrance of the cave.
Neat picture of the cave. Shayna turning around in her stroller begging mommy to hold her already! The tour guide turned out the lights at one point and it was completely dark! Kinda creepy!
Beautiful stones found under the earth (can't remember what they're called). The people that worked on the cave back in the 20's (the "CCC") thought they found diamonds! Too bad for them, they were wrong - just pretty crystals not worth much.
I wasn't too excited to go on an hour and a half long walk through a cave so the plan was to have everyone else hold Shayna so it wouldn't be too bad for the pregnant lady. Well, Shayna didn't want her stroller for long or anyone else to hold her. Now my Back's aching. I must have pulled a muscle or something. Little stinker!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it when our best laid plans are foiled by toddlers! Your tummy is adorable. I sure miss you. I wish my brain had realized that you were visiting from Texas back in August, I would have found another time to see you since we couldn't make it to coley's shower!

Nicole Beeton said...

I feel so bad you had to walk around all day holding little Shayna. I know how bad I would be hurting. What a good little mommy you are! I love all the photos!! Love you!